Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Number Six Speaks -- On Set Interview with Teresa Palmer -- I Am Number Four

Yet another wonderful interview from Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub.  This time his target is Teresa Palmer, who plays the mysterious Number Six in I Am Number Four.  Number Six is another member of the Lorien Garde on Earth, but instead of hiding from the Mogadorians, she has decided it's time to stop being hunted, and stand up and fight.  She has been tracking down Number Four (Alex Pettyfer) in an attempt to bring all the Garde together to battle their enemies.  In the interview Teresa talks about the film, her character and how she trained for the "butt kicking" her character does in the film.

Here are a few excerpts:
Collider: Tell us a little about #6. Do you have a real name or is it just #6?
Palmer:  She’s just #6. It’s been really a very physically demanding role because I’ve been training for the last 8 weeks doing like stunt work. I’m on the wires doing backflips. Right now I’m all padded up because I have to do a fast frontwards roll on the concrete. And obviously I’ve been training on pads, so it’s just funny when you arrive on set and you realize it’s not rehearsal anymore. You actually have to do it. You don’t get to wear a helmet There aren’t any pads on the floor. You just have to commit to it. It’s been really exciting. It’s a very cool character.
Collider:  Have you read the book?
Palmer:  I’ve just started. And I sort of skipped to the last part where my character comes in. It’s interesting because there’s some differences in the book to the film and it’s really exciting to see, I think I’m getting a better look at who #6 really is. It’s nice to read exactly what the writer wanted her to be like. I think in the film she’s a tougher version than #6 in the book. She’s definitely a lot more of an open character in the book and in the film she’s just all about kicking butt and she’s bad ass and she’s very intimidating.
Collider: So in the book you come into play at the end. Have they beefed up your part for the movie then?
Palmer:  I’m still more heavily in the film towards the end but you do see her popping in and out of the film. She’s very mysterious at first you don’t really know who she is or what side she’s on. You can’t tell if she’s one of the good guys or the bad guys. Obviously its 3/4 through the film, it’s the scene we’re filming tonight, where it’s all revealed that she’s one of them. She’s an alien. You know she’s #6 and she’s here to kick butt.
You can read the rest of the interview here.

I Am Number Four arrives in theatres on February 18, 2011

Source: Collider

No comments:

Post a Comment